You may not realize it, but there is an invisible world all around you. This includes the air that we breathe and the microscopic particles floating in it.
Unfortunately, some of these particles pose a health risk to our bodies. One way to protect your family from these harmful contaminants is by using an air purifier in your home.
We’ll show you why an air purifier should be considered a necessity for every home.
Important Reasons to Have an Air Purifier
There are several important reasons why an air purifier is a necessity in your home. Here are some reasons why you should have one:
- They can protect you from asthma triggers1.
- They help control allergies and congestion by filtering out anything floating in the air around you, such as dust mites, pollen spores, mold spores, and other allergens.
- They work well to eliminate odors that come from pets or smoking inside your home or car.
- They can help keep the air in your home clean and smelling fresh by getting rid of any unwanted smells.
- They work well to reduce other health risks that come from breathing contaminated air, such as flu viruses, dust mites, or carbon monoxide gas leaks.
If you have a family member with asthma or allergies, this is especially important for them.
Air purifiers are definitely something to consider having in your home if someone suffers from either one of these conditions because they could make a big difference when it comes to their overall quality of life.
The best place to use an air purifier would be in small areas where there is not much room like bedrooms and offices since smaller spaces often get dirtier faster than larger ones.
In fact, if someone is not feeling well or they are experiencing symptoms of asthma, allergies, and congestion, it may be a good idea to use an air purifier in their bedroom at night while they sleep.
What Should Be Looked at When Buying a Good Air Purifier?
When you’re looking for an air purifier to buy, there are some important factors that you need to consider. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- You should look at the size of a purifier before buying it. Do you need one for your bedroom or living room? Or do you need an air purifier that can be placed throughout your entire home?
- The type of filters used on a unit is important as well. Look for high-quality HEPA filters2 since they are able to capture and eliminate most mold spores, dust mites, pollen spores, pet dander, and other allergens floating around in the air.
- Some units have ionizers built into them which is another great way to get rid of odors and any unwanted particles floating through the air too. If possible, you may want to consider buying a unit like this.
- You also need to think about the noise level of any air purifier you buy because some can be very loud and annoying while others are much quieter. If possible, try finding an air purifier that is as quiet as possible so it will not make too much noise when placed in your home or office where people spend time every day.
- Check what kind of warranty is included with an air purifier before making a purchase since warranties do vary from model to model. Choose one that offers at least a two-year warranty for peace of mind and long-term protection if anything goes wrong with the unit over time.
There are several important factors that need to be checked carefully whenever you’re considering buying an air purifier.
If you follow these tips, it should help ensure that the unit you buy is a good one and will keep your home or office clean while protecting family members’ health too.
Air Purifiers Have Two Broad Categories
There are two broad categories of air purifiers to consider when buying one, and they include:
Passive filtration air purifiers work by filtering out contaminants in the air through a chemical process that takes place within a filter. This type of unit is not able to capture anything smaller than .003 microns, which means it does not remove small viruses and bacteria from the air as ionizers can.
However, this kind of purifier works well for smoke particles and other larger-sized pollutants floating around in your home or office.
An active filtration system uses an electronic pump to push clean filtered air into the room where you’re while simultaneously drawing dirty contaminated indoor air across an electronically charged HEPA filter.
Once cleaned, this newly refreshed supply of noncontaminated fresh ambient air is then pushed back into the room. This kind of purifier works to filter out bacteria, allergens3, and other contaminants in this way so it can improve your indoor air quality too.
How Do Various Types of Air Purifiers Work?
There are four basic types of air purifiers to consider when you’re looking for the right one. They include:
HEPA Filtration Air Purifier:
This type of purifier is able to capture 99.97% of all airborne particles larger than .003 microns that pass through the filter, including dust mites, pet dander, pollen spores, mold4, and other allergens too.
Ionizer Air Purifier:
An ionizer air purifier works by releasing a stream of negatively charged ions into the room to remove allergens and other pollutants in this way, so it’s another great choice for people who want their homes or offices free from dust mites, pollen spores, mold spores, pet dander and other contaminants too. Ionic air purifiers are also very effective when used on odors caused by smoke or even pets since they work well at removing foul fumes that give your home a dirty odor over time as well.
Ozone Generator Air Purifier:
This type of unit creates ozone gas which then attaches itself to particles floating in the indoor environment. Once the ozone5 attaches itself to these contaminants, it becomes a powerful oxidizing agent which can destroy odors and pollutants in this way so you breathe easier again.
Negative Ion Generator Air Purifier:
Using negative ions released into a room by an ionizer air purifier helps remove particles from the air as well as toxins too since they attach themselves to airborne allergens like cigarette smoke or other fumes that may be found around heavy machinery at work or within your home over time.
Why Is It So Important to Remove Contaminants From the Air You Breathe?
Removing these pollutants and allergens in this way is very important since they can cause respiratory problems, allergic reactions, asthma attacks, headaches, nausea, or even eye irritation if left untreated over time.
So removing them all together will help keep your home cleaner longer while also protecting family members’ health too.
What Benefits Will I See if I Begin to Use an Air Purifier?
Using an air purifier in your home or office will help you breathe easier and feel better, which means it can also improve the health of family members too.
In fact, many doctors recommend using a HEPA filtration system for anyone who has allergies since they are capable of cleaning the entire area where you are by removing allergens from dust mites up to pet dander over time as well.
How Much Do Air Purifiers Cost?
The price of an air purifier can vary widely depending on what type you choose and how many features it comes with. In fact, the average HEPA filtration unit costs between $150 to $300 dollars but ionizer units may be more expensive than this since they will often retail for around $500 or more over time as well.
What Is the Best Air Purifier Choice for My Home?
Choosing which kind of air purifier is right for your needs depends greatly on where you plan to use it and how much space that room has too.
For instance, those who live in larger homes should consider an ionizing system because its small size makes them ideal choices when used throughout all areas like hallways and large rooms over time.
You and your family deserve to breathe the cleanest air possible. An air purifier is a necessity for homeowners who want their loved ones to live healthier lives.
The most important thing you can do for yourself, your kids, and all of those living in your home is invest in an effective indoor air quality improvement device that will clean the air you breathe, making everyone happier and healthier.